The organisation: 2RRR (Ryde Regional Radio) is a volunteer powered community radio station in Henley, near Gladesville. Our number one priority is fulfilling the needs of the community that we are licensed to serve, and therefore, 2RRR’s programming is as diverse as its community and its volunteers. 2RRR currently broadcasts in 10 different languages, with a combination of music and spoken word programs covering a large variety of topics and genres.
The role: As the volunteer Music Coordinator, you’ll be working closely with the Content Coordinator. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Cataloguing new releases in our music library
- Maintenance of our music library
- Curation and maintenance of the 2RRR Jukebox playlist
- Sending new music and music interview opportunities to the appropriate 2RRR programs
- Building relationships with 2RRR presenters to understand their musical visions for their programs
Hours: 1 day per week (preferably Monday, Tuesday or Thursday), ongoing.
- Passionate about music in a wide range of genres
- Understand 2RRR and our audience
- A good ear for identifying and understanding music genres and trends
- Willingness to learn
How to apply: Email answers to the below questions to content [at] 2rrr [dot] org [dot] au with “Music Coordinator” in subject line. Applications close 9AM Monday, 20th May.
- What are your top three releases of the past twelve months? These can be tracks, EPs or albums.
- Tell us about an album released over 10 years ago that you love.
- Tell us where you find new music.
Keep your responses to 200 words or less.