Youth Jukebox is Sydney’s youngest drive time program. With presenters between 13 and 25 from across the Ryde and Hunters Hill area, there’s news, events, music and chats about anything and everything relevant to the youth of today from 4-5pm weekdays on 2RRR.
Each presenter chooses their own music and topics so every day offers something completely different!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As a successful applicant for the 2RRR youth program you and three other successful students will be working with our Content Coordinator Mason Smith to create a weekly show that runs from 4-5pm. Each week you will improve your radio presenting skills while playlisting and creating unique content. At the end of each program you’ll go over talk breaks and break down in detail the best parts of your show and parts you can improve on. Throughout the year we will work on various skills including: Prerecording segments using zoom recorders Interviewing musicians and artists live on the show Learning how to podcast Using radio to tell stories Trying your hand in radio journalism Participating in lectures from notable members of the radio community
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Develop communication skills
- Build confidence
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Boosting self esteem
- An incredible portfolio for further study
- Several hours of practical experience
- Intimate lectures from media professionals
- Could be used as part of the Duke of Edinburgh program
- Launching pad for future work with various radio stations
- The experience of being involved could lead to a nationally recognized qualification such as the Cert III in Media
From 3:30pm to 5:30pm
You will be required at the 2RRR studios Henley Cottage 4 Victoria Rd Gladesville 2111
Students will be expected to make their own way to 2RRR once a weekday for just under two hours.
HOW DO I APPLY?
If you think this is something you’d be interested in, we’d love to hear from you! Shoot off an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Contact home phone number
- Your favourite station
- Your favourite bands
- Why you want to be involved with 2RRR
- What you most want to get out of this experience
- Available weekdays (Mon-Fri)
- Your School
You can check out the show’s through their show pages here: